If you are using AOL email password, you must have felt the need of recovering your AOL mail password. Sometimes, the forgotten password can keep you from using your AOL email account. You can dial the toll-free AOL Help Number 1-800-329-1530 if you are not able to recover your password. However, the below-given steps can help you reset/recover AOL password in no time
Reset your AOL email password:
In case your AOL account is no longer accessible because you have forgotten your AOL email password, try the below-given methods to fix it.
- Open your favorite browser and go to the AOL sign-in page.
- Type your username and password
- Click Next
- Hit I forgot my password.
In order to reset or recover your AOL email password, you need to verify your identity first. Secondly, you need to verify what information you have saved on your email account and then only you will be able your account. In order to verify your identity, you can try the below-given methods:
Send a verification code to your phone number:
- On the login page enter your email address
- Now choose “phone number” as the recovery method
- Few digits of your phone number will be shown on the screen
- Click on “Yes, send me a verification code”, that you receive through the SMS.
- Click on “Call me with a verification code” to receive the phone call.
- Type the verification code in the given field.
- Click Submit
- Once you successfully verify your identity, you can create a new password
- Confirm the password by retyping it.
- Click Continue, and then OK, got it.
Send a verification code to your recovery email address:
If you don’t have the recovery phone number to retrieve your verification code, you can simply switch the recovery information to an email address.
Once you type the email address, you will see “Do you have access to this email?” and then select Yes, send me a verification code.
If you have both recovery email address and recovery phone number, the phone number will be displayed on the screen. Select I don’t have access to this account and choose the option with recovery email address. Tap on Yes, send me a verification code.
Sign-in to your recovery email:
- Make sure you are signed in to your recovery email address in new tab or window. Also, use both verification code screen and recovery email address open concurrently. Pick the verification code from the list and type it on the verification screen.
- The email will contain subject “Recover access to your AOL account” and this is where you can find the verification code.
- Go back to the verification screen, add the code and click Continue.
- Once you successfully verify your identity, create a new password and confirm it.
- Click Continue and OK, got it.
If you are not able to reset or recover your AOL email password, try reaching out the AOL Customer Service Number which lets you speak to technicians for help. You will be guided to recovery steps so that you can successfully recover or reset your password.,