HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free utility software provided by HP to quickly help you resolve the common printing and scanning issues with HP printers. This software works for most of the operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 10. But Mac users cannot use this software for their use. You can also call at the HP Help Number if you are going through certain issues with your HP printer.
This software helps to check a number of utilities related to your HP printer which have been mentioned below:
- It makes sure the printer is properly connected via USB and if it is connected through the network, it verifies the computer is properly connected to the network.
- It also checks the device status to make sure there is no printer error such as low at ink, paper jams, feed issues, etc.
- It also ensures that the driver is not corrupt or missing.
- It also checks if there is an issue with the Device Manager which is responsible for the problem in printing.
- If there are stuck print jobs in your printer, it will also clear the print queue.
- It checks the port settings for the printer and also ensures there are no device conflicts with the printer.
You can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor to perform a search for any HP printer that is connected via USB, Ethernet or wirelessly. After your printer is on the screen, click ‘Next’ and it will diagnose all the issues with the printer. For printing issues, HP Printer Support Number can also be reached at for immediate technical assistance.
If you are not able to connect your printer, this program will help you to get the printer connected. The program also gives an option for Network where you can see advanced info about your network and can also disable the firewall.
After your printer gets connected, follow the steps given below:
- First, it will give you an option to set your printer as default if it is not already set as default.
- Click on ‘Fix Printing’ or ‘Fix Scanning’ to diagnose and fix problems with your printer.
- The program will analyze the printer and your system to check what issues are stopping the printer from printing or scanning. The problems of your printer will be listed out by the program and it will also help you to resolve them.
- If there is no issue left, you will see a number of green check marks and you can also print a test page.
Hence, HP Print and Scan Doctor is a great tool to fix the printing and scanning issues with your HP device. For further help and support regarding HP printer, you can also call at the HP Customer Care Number.