HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free utility software provided by HP to quickly help you resolve the common printing and scanning issues with HP printers. This software works for most of the operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 10. But Mac users cannot use this software for their use. You can also call at the HP Help Number if you are going through certain issues with your HP printer.
This software helps to check a number of utilities related to your HP printer which have been mentioned below:
- It makes sure the printer is properly connected via USB and if it is connected through the network, it verifies the computer is properly connected to the network.
- It also checks the device status to make sure there is no printer error such as low at ink, paper jams, feed issues, etc.
- It also ensures that the driver is not corrupt or missing.
- It also checks if there is an issue with the Device Manager which is responsible for the problem in printing.
- If there are stuck print jobs in your printer, it will also clear the print queue.
- It checks the port settings for the printer and also ensures there are no device conflicts with the printer.
You can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor to perform a search for any HP printer that is connected via USB, Ethernet or wirelessly. After your printer is on the screen, click ‘Next’ and it will diagnose all the issues with the printer. For printing issues, HP Printer Support Number can also be reached at for immediate technical assistance.
If you are not able to connect your printer, this program will help you to get the printer connected. The program also gives an option for Network where you can see advanced info about your network and can also disable the firewall.
After your printer gets connected, follow the steps given below:
- First, it will give you an option to set your printer as default if it is not already set as default.
- Click on ‘Fix Printing’ or ‘Fix Scanning’ to diagnose and fix problems with your printer.
- The program will analyze the printer and your system to check what issues are stopping the printer from printing or scanning. The problems of your printer will be listed out by the program and it will also help you to resolve them.
- If there is no issue left, you will see a number of green check marks and you can also print a test page.
Hence, HP Print and Scan Doctor is a great tool to fix the printing and scanning issues with your HP device. For further help and support regarding HP printer, you can also call at the HP Customer Care Number.
Sometimes it might happen that your P scanner is not producing the expected results and you are not able to find the cause and fix it. For such situations, you can obtain the required help through HP Scanner Support Number 1-800-329-1530 anytime.
Given below are the common issues with HP scanner:
- Scanning function is not working.
- Poor quality scanned images.
- Documents or images are partially scanned.
- Unable to scan multiple images simultaneously.
- Not able to connect to the scanner.
- Facing errors with the scanner.
If you are facing some of these or any other issue with HP scanner then make sure to get in touch with HP Scanner Support.
You can use the following troubleshooting tips whenever HP scanner is not working properly:
- If you are facing issues with the quality of the scanned images then check if there is any dirt or dust on the scanner glass. Gently clean the scanner glass for any dirt or dust and then try to increase the scanner resolution to get high-quality images. Also before scanning make sure the document is properly scanned.
- For partially scanned documents or images, make sure the paper is properly placed facing downwards on the scanner.
- To improve the scanning speed of your HP scanner, try lowering the scan resolution and then scan again. It is better to close all the programs running on your computer so that they don’t interfere with the scanning process.
- Next, if you are not able to connect your scanner then it can lead to connection issues which can arise on account of defective or poorly connected cables. It is also necessary to ensure that you have provided adequate power to the cables. The poor signal strength can also lead to connection problems with the scanner. For this you can restart your printer to resolve the connection issues:
- Turn off the printer first.
- Connect the printer directly to the outlet without using any connector.
- Switch off the computer after closing all the running programs.
- Plug in the power cord for both the printer and the computer.
- Now after connecting the printer and the computer and try to scan.
- Make sure you have installed the latest printer driver by using the given steps:
- Open the control panel and from the programs and features, select the driver you want to uninstall.
- Using the instructions complete the un-installation of the driver and then restart the computer.
- Now turn on the printer and go to the HP’s driver and software download page.
- Enter the printer’s information like the name, model number as well as the operating system of your computer.
- Under the driver heading, click on ‘Downloads and download the latest printer driver for your printer.
- You can also try adjusting the Windows Image Acquisition settings as it will improve the communication between the computer and the scanning device.
This is how you can resolve most of the issues with HP scanner or you can also call at the HP Toll-Free Number 1-800-329-1530 for HP related scanning issues.